The KBIGI Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Committee was established in March 2021, including representatives from across the business, with a view to embracing and advancing EDI goals within the firm. It is a sub-committee of the Executive Committee, and is sponsored by the Chief Executive Officer.
The key principles which underpin our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy are:
- KBIGI has made a long-term commitment to create a culture of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- The principle of non-discrimination is promoted within the Company in all its forms in all management and decision-making processes, and in particular in all stages of human resources management. The Company promotes the representation of the diversity of our society in all its cultural, ethnic and social components; within the workforce and within all levels of responsibility.
- KBIGI will take a coherent and collaborative approach to managing and progressing the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion vision. Our workplace policies and procedures, practices and behaviours will provide equality of opportunity and foster an open and inclusive culture.
- The Company will engage employees in the development and implementation of this Policy.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion activity and impact will be monitored and reported within the Company. Senior management will evaluate this information regularly. The Company acknowledges that this commitment includes a continuous process of evaluation and improvement.
We have identified the following Equality, Diversity and Inclusion goals to prioritise:
- Advance diversity in the workplace; both through implementation of a thoughtful recruitment process to encourage a more diverse range of candidates, and ensuring that KBI is seen as a great place to work, following best practice in the work-place and in our policies.
- Drive a culture where all voices are heard and staff engagement is frequent and valued, and self-improvement and advancement are encouraged.
- Focus on understanding our EDI data better as an organisation, with a view to monitoring progress and identifying areas of weakness that can be improved.
EDI and investments
As investors, we play an important role in advancing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion efforts for all groups in society.
We believe that a diverse board is more likely to lead to better company performance, increased financial returns, better Environmental, Social and Governance performance, as well as better performance on climate change.
This is why, as part of our commitment to active ownership, we engage with companies on diversity at board level, and this is further enhanced by our proxy voting policy.